We have established some rules in order that your stay with Cheerful Valley Campground will be a pleasant one.
- All guests must abide by the common courtesy rule. Please have respect for other campers, their site and property and for the campground’s property. For more information refer to NYS 233-B*2 guidelines.
- There is only one camping unit allowed per site. This includes tents (one per site). If you have an RV and you want to pitch a tent for the kids (as an example), you must get permission from the office.
- Parking – one vehicle per site. No exceptions. If you have more than one vehicle, please inform the office and park one of them at the designated parking area by the office.
- Site fees are for registered campers only, and includes up to four (4) people per site. Each additional person, whether adult or child, is $5.00 per person, per day.
- Please build fires in the fire rings provided at each site and never leave the fire unattended. Please do not move the fire rings to a different area.
- Please keep your campsite clean of debris, garbage, and litter of any kind. Dispose of any remaining garbage prior to checkout.
- Use of alcoholic beverages is restricted to your site.
- Minors must be at their site by 9:00PM. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult in all areas of the campground. Conduct, behavior, and control of children are the parents’ responsibility.
- Quiet time – All noisy activity (music, revelry, loud voices, etc.) must cease by 10:00PM. You are welcome to continue to enjoy your campfire conversation after 10:00PM but it cannot bother other campers.
- RV sites shall be kept neat and clean without an excess of accumulated items visible to other guests.
- Please observe site boundaries.
- If there are any instances of fighting, domestic incidents, or authorities being called for a dispute, you will be asked to leave our property immediately.
- Cheerful Valley Campground campers have the privilege of sharing the campground with their guests under the following terms and conditions.
- Day guests visiting a camper must report to the office. All guests must leave by 8:00PM or their host will be charged an additional fee. (See Rates page)
- No visitors will be admitted after 8:00PM.
- Any camper or guest that willfully or through negligence, defaces or destroys property or equipment of the campground, or that of another camper or guest, will be held responsible for full value thereof.
- There is no use of water to wash any equipment, vehicle, RV, filling pools of any size, or to run sprinklers. This rule is strictly enforced to conserve water, and violators will be asked to leave.
- The speed limit is 5 MPH. Please keep your speed down for the safety of all residents including children and pets.
- Our restrooms and showers are reserved for registered campers of Cheerful Valley Campground.
- No camper of Cheerful Valley Campground shall offer for rent, or rent, his or her RV.
- The sale of any RV while on campground property will carry with it a 5% commission payable to Pinecreek Campground.
- The dump station is free for all campers and the key is available at the office. Off the road sewer dumping is $20.00, per dump.
- A dumpster is provided for your kitchen garbage only (No TV sets, lawn chairs, clothing etc.). Do not use our dumpsters for off-grounds trash. There is another smaller dumpster marked for all recyclables; plastics, newspapers, glass, and cardboard. Please use the bins accordingly.
- Campers and guests use the facilities at Cheerful Valley Campground at their own risk.
- Cheerful Valley Campground is not responsible for the loss, injury or damage to the persons or property of campers or to their guests.
- There is a Reservation/Storage Fee (see Rates page) per site that is due before the campground closes in October. If there is anything left on site, the fee still applies. Campers must have their own insurance.
- There is an additional fee for storage of an RV, Boat or vehicle. Please see the office for details on fees and storage locations.
- Seasonal tenants shall not operate a private business on Cheerful Valley Campground property.
- Please read the separate sheet regarding rules for the swimming pool.
We appreciate that many people consider their pets as their “children”. We keep that in mind in the creation of our Pet Policy. Aggressive or incessant barking dogs, or any aggressive pets, are not allowed here at Cheerful Valley Campground. If your dog, or pet, meets either of these categories, we will have to ask you to remove the pet from our premises. All pets are to be kept on a leash any time the animal is outside the owner’s camper. Please clean up after your animals. Pets are prohibited from entering any of the campground buildings or the pool area.